Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bedtime Stories

This is how I know I married the right man for me...

**Warning--If you are mature, you may not appreciate this post.**

This summer, we have been reading bedtime stories all together--my husband, my stepdaughter and I. Each night, my stepdaughter will choose 2 books from her shelves for our shared reading pleasure. Generally, my husband will read his selection first and then it is my turn. Despite the fact that my stepdaughter will soon be 8, she has a tendency to choose books she has owned for many years, but that's ok...we still enjoy it.

My husband and I both tend toward an adolescent sense of humor about some things and I have come to the realization that children's books are full of innuendos for the immature adult. For example, he and I tend to get the giggles over a statement in a Sesame Street book in which Betty Lou offers Big Bird her "watering can". Not totally sure why this is SO funny...but since he got the giggles over it...I can no longer read the offending sentence without falling into hysterics.

Here are  some others that give us the giggles:

From Frosty the Snowman: "Round and round the snowy yard they rolled the snowballs. Soon they had two fine big ones."

From Curious George: "After a good meal and a good pipe, George felt very tired."


Ralph S. Mouse was always "polishing his chrome".

From The True Story of Balto: "at last he felt the package".

I am sure I could find plenty more for our immature chiding...but I have done enough to embarrass myself for now.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha!! Love it-- same sense of humor, right here!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete